You can set up an IMAP or POP address on your BlackBerry® either through your hand held device or via the Internet through your Blackberry Smartphone account. This article describes how to set up either type of account through your hand held device and can be used with most Smartphone models.
It also includes information on activating SSL for the new email account through your Internet-based Smartphone account.
As a troubleshooting step, you must have enabled SMTP relays for your account.
To Use a BlackBerry with Your Email
- Locate and choose the Setup Wizard.
- Choose Email, and then choose Other.
- Choose Add existing account to your Blackberry device.
- Type your full email address and email password.
NOTE: Your device will take a few moments to connect to the Internet, identify the type of email account you have (IMAP or POP), and activate the new email address on your hand held device.
To Enable Email with SSL for Your Email with a Blackberry
- From an Internet browser, log on to your BlackBerry account and edit the new email address.
- Select Utilize SSL and make the following changes.
- Incoming Port
- IMAP – 993
POP – 995
- Outgoing Port
NOTE: If your ISP requires a server name use rimimap.secureserver.net. If your device has problems syncing up under normal settings, try changing the incoming server to mail.secureserver.net.
- Click Submit.
Create new email account now and setup your BlackBerry with Your Email!